The Financial Controller is responsible for the oversight of all financially related aspects of the Christian Center of Park City (“CCPC”). This includes all Finances, Accounting, Payroll, as well as portions of Operations, Administration, Programs, and Development.
Finance & Accounting
- Full monthly accounting.
- Reconciling month and year end statements for all bank, investment, and credit card accounts.
- Performing regular checks on CCPC financial statements to ensure accuracy and ethicalness.
- Managing all bank relations and any loans CCPC may have.
- Manage Audit Preparation Process; oversee 990 reporting, and overall financial system maintenance.
- Provide weekly at-a-glance financial updates to Executive Director.
- Provide monthly financial statement reports, Quarterly Board Member Updates, and Month End departmental reports.
- Manage the financial strategic planning for CCPC and evaluate CCPC’s financial performance including potential risks.
- Perform Adjusting Journal Entries as needed.
- Manage payroll.
- Provide all Year-End forms as required by law to both employees and contractors.
- Ensure CCPC is in compliance with all applicable financial laws and appropriate guidelines.
- Ensure CCPC’s Renewal of Charitable Solicitation Permit, Business License, and other certificates needed for the overall function of the organization.
- Produce Ad-Hoc reports for donor relation purposes including donor summaries, reports for the Board and CCPC operations/stores/program highlights.
- Manage all credit card spending and reconciliation.
- Create processes that are repeatable, scalable, demonstrable, and transferable.
- Passionately live out the mission, vision and values of the Christian Center of Park City through this role and cast that vision to your team, volunteers, clients of the Center, and to the general public.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, weekly meeting with Executive Director, and other staff-related meetings when appropriate.
- Foster a positive attitude toward change, accepting change with grace and excitement.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Relevant accounting experience.
- Ambition and willingness to learn required tasks.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, able to plan and manage multiple tasks and events with confidence.
- Possess a working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent technical skills; knowledge of and experience with the use of QuickBooks and
- Strong interpersonal, e-mail, and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independent of management while knowing when to contact management for direction.
Reports to: Executive Director