Park City Film is seeking a full time Marketing and Membership Coordinator. The selected candidate will work closely with the Executive Director and be responsible for the marketing and promotion of all film-based events, securing underwriters for weekend films and sponsors for special screenings, managing the Park City Film membership program, and helping execute special events.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Social Media Engagement: writing engaging copy for social media ads, posts and Facebook events. Creating basic graphic design and social media assets as necessary.
- Promotion: ensuring that film information on website is up to date; creation and distribution of print film calendars; managing the social media presence for Park City Film on Facebook and Instagram; and, promoting films to target audiences/organizations through direct contact.
- Membership Program: recruiting new members, fulfilling membership benefits, communicating with members, and creating and executing special events for members.
- Planning and Operational Support: special fundraising events (Live PC Give PC, private member events/screenings and the annual Oscar Party) and film-based events at the Santy, which includes, but is not limited to, post-film panels.
- Special events: coordinating the Annual Filmmakers Showcase and volunteers for Park City Film’s Sundance Film Festival concessions operation.
- Sponsorships: securing and communicating with underwriters for weekend films and special screenings and, soliciting donations for silent auctions.
- Communications: ensure clear communication about the programs and events offered by Park City Film.
- Graphic design for deliverables: including posters, member materials, and signage.
- Work a minimum of one evening screening per week (includes weekend nights)
The Park City Film Marketing and Membership Coordinator will work under the supervision of Park City Film Executive Director in the main Park City Film office inside the Park City Library Building.
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences & Expectations:
- Social media engagement experience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable speaking in front of large crowds, and willing and able to represent Park City Film in a responsible and professional manner at relevant community events in a formal and informal capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently to achieve a collective goal.
- Demonstrated and/or lived experience working with people of diverse ages, genders, sexualities, ethnicities, cultures, races, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds, including communities historically underserved by arts organizations
- Demonstrated maturity in decision-making and communication and detail oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to create and adapt Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or Acrobat files for print.
- Interest in Independent Film and/or filmmaking is required.
- Ability to work on nights and weekends as determined by the programming schedule – particularly during the annual Sundance Film Festival in late-January-early February.
- Ability and willingness to perform relevant administrative tasks, including email communications, data entry, scheduling, invoicing, and other paperwork.
- Knowledge of the Park City community and non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of film exhibition and art house cinema programming.
Special Requirements: This job requires the ability to work independently and make decisions based on the Park City Film’s mission, vision and policy. Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends each week. Must be able to think and act quickly under pressure, work within tight deadlines and be task oriented.
Terms of Employment: This is a permanent, at-will position within the organization. Compensation is commensurate with experience (salary range: $32,000-$42,000). Benefits include paid holidays, mental health/sick days, and vacation on a graduated scale based on years of service. Work hours are flexible. Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email (do not mail) your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.