To provide primary support to the Group Sales/Marketing Team; Assist the sales team in developing qualified leads for Park City.
- Assist sales staff to maintain client records in the database. Includes the following duties:
- Help sales staff keep accounts and contacts current in the CRM.
- Maintain and update the group sales module of the CRM and the membership module as it relates to group sales accounts and contacts.
- Accurately import meeting planner lists from tradeshows into the database and email platforms.
- Send follow-up emails to new planners as requested.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of local group facilities and general Park City information. Communicate member account and contact changes internally with staff.
- Assist sales managers when they are out of town with their leads and clients as assigned by the salesperson. Follow-up on leads and inquiry requests as assigned. Produce follow-up correspondence with active leads as assigned including all associated traces and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the Group Sales annual marketing plan by taking minutes, preparing agendas, coordinating and communicating with advisory committee members.
- Assist sales managers as assigned with organizing client site inspections. Site inspection arrangements include organizing transportation, property tours, group dining, and activities. Arrange for any lodging that the client may require on their visit.
- Assist in the preparation of the group sales annual sales and marketing plan by taking minutes, preparing agendas, coordinating, and communicating with advisory committee members. Arranging meeting space/food & beverage for the MAC meetings
- Assist VP with marketing projects, sales material, and collateral production including soliciting accurate membership information.
- Organize familiarization trips, in-market receptions, and other events as assigned. Includes itinerary development and welcome packet production and distribution. Assist in follow-up to participating members and attendees.
- Assist department with tradeshow planning as needed and assigned including registration, material shipment, and accommodation arrangement. Help prepare all materials to be used at tradeshows the department is attending, shipment of brochures, transport of booth, communication with any co-op partners, airline arrangement, hotel arrangements, expenses, and various other aspects.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and yearly sales activity reports.
- Plan group sales member meetings for the department. Produce the agenda and needed material for the meeting, find and secure the property to hold the meeting, order lunch (BEO), A/V needs etc. Take minutes at the meeting and distribute them to invited attendees following the meeting.
- Communicate with the membership department to add group sales listings as applicable and make sure they qualify under the benefits and qualifications of group sales membership. This includes doing a physical inspection of the property to make sure the meeting space requirements are met.
- Work with VP of Group Sales, other team members, and our CRM provider to improve and streamline processes and reports. Achieve and maintain expert level proficiency in CRM (customer relationship management database)
- Occasionally travel to conferences or shows to assist as assigned.
- Order promotional swag for the department
- Complete special projects as assigned by VP.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education or equivalent sales assistant experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills including follow-up, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail are essential requirements.
- Must be self-motivated and sales-oriented.
- Must be a team player.
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
- Hotel/resort/meeting industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the Park City product.
- Excellent business etiquette and presentation.
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, Simpleview, etc.).
- Experience using a customer relationship program/sales database.
This job description provides only general information about the position. The list of responsibilities, qualifications, skills and other details is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change.