Promote Park City / Summit County, Utah as a year-round, overnight destination to targeted international market segments, including consumers, in-market media and travel/trade partners.
Strategy Development / Implementation
- Work closely with the Director of Tourism Sales & Marketing, International Marketing & Communications Specialist counterpart and In-market Agencies / Representatives on the development and implementation of individual marketing / communications strategies.
- Develop plans that utilizes a mix of paid, earned and owned-media.
- Prepare thorough investigations on potential international markets.
- Research viable new markets for the Park City / Summit County product, using all resources available.
- Determine the sales / marketing avenues available in select markets, and make recommendations on which areas to participate in most effectively.
Member / Partner Collaboration
- Meet regularly with the International Marketing Advisory Committee (IMAC) on the development of international plans.
- Prepare presentation materials and lead discussions through the meetings.
- Gain consensus regarding international market selection, in-market missions, familiarization tour hosting schedules, travel / trade targets and budget allocation.
In-Market Promotional Missions
- Plan and execute annual in-market sales missions. These include: Meetings / training presentations with targeted travel agents and tour operators. Host events for media, travel trade, and consumers. Meetings with in-market media outlets. Manage consumer activations. Attend travel trade shows. Foster ongoing relationships with in-market airline partners.
(FAM) Familiarization Tour Hosting: Plan, negotiate and host individual or group FAM tours for international media, select travel trade partners, influencers and content creators.
- Work closely with member / partner businesses to build FAM itinerary.
- Collect and distribute media clippings or shareable results post-FAM to member partners.
- Support the Utah Office of Tourism, Ski Utah and Resort Partners (Park City Mountain / Deer Valley Resort) with FAM tours as needed.
Marketing/PR Promotional Materials
- Development and production of the annual lodging guide brochure with outside agency.
- Development and production of international brochure with outside agency.
- Work in conjunction with domestic Communications Department on seasonal press kits.
- Development and production of trade show booth displays with outside agency.
- Development and production of other materials as needed.
- Oversee and manage teams of in-market agencies in the creation and implementation of international strategic plans and budget.
- Ensure deadlines are met on deliverables of approved plans and follow up as needed.
- Maintain and track budgets with agencies to ensure accurate accounting.
- Work with in-market agencies or direct with vendors to research, develop, track and report on consumer marketing campaigns. May include print ads, digital, video, influencers, social media and paid search.
- Oversee organic social media presence across various platforms.
- Maintain and dispense current and accurate Park City information to contracted in-market representatives.
- Review and approve monthly press releases and newsletters.
- Review monthly reports prepared by agencies.
- Negotiate annual contract details and source new agency if needed.
Content Creation / Website
- Develop appropriate content for assigned markets to be used in-market, on social media platforms and the Visit Park City website.
- Review website landing pages and work with Digital / Content team to regularly update and improve the user experience.
Utah Office Of Tourism / Ski Utah / Airline Relationships
- Maintain ongoing working relationships with these groups to coordinate efforts and look for joint promotional and co-op opportunities.
Departmental Monthly Reporting
- Assist Director of Tourism Sales & Marketing with tracking actuals and monthly variance reports of the international sales and marketing budget.
- Collect regular status updates from each in-market rep to create a monthly report for the Executive Committee.
International Travel Trade
- Act as point of contact while developing and maintaining relationships with travel trade professionals.
- Maintain and dispense current and accurate Park City information to these contacts.
- Actively pursue new avenues of promotion for Park City / Summit County throughout the year.
- Execute co-op marketing campaigns in conjunction with travel trade partners.
- Coordinate appointment schedule for various travel trade conferences throughout the year.
- Travel when necessary and represent destination to negotiate new business opportunities with travel trade and media.
- Conduct follow up with appointment attendees to provide appropriate information.
- Attend educational conferences when deemed appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key editors, publishers, bloggers, influencers, journalists, and other top tier media contacts.
- Create effective pitches to media to drive awareness of Park City / Summit county product.
QUALIFICAITONS & EXPERINCE
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on marketing, communicaitons, internaitonal business, or travel/tourism.
- 2-3 year's experience in traditional/digital marketing, communicaitons, and/or social media.
- Experience in working with marketing/communicaitons agency.
- Background in travel/tourism industry.
- Strong presentation/speaking skills.
- Database and customer relationship software experience.
- strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Second language preferable - not required
- Extensive In-Market Travel
- Extensive Evening / Weekend Hosting
- Must be Intermediate-Advanced Skier
- Must be 21+ Years of Age
- Must hold Valid U. S. Passport
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License / Vehicle Insurance
This job description provides only general information about this position. The list of responsibilities, qualifications, skills and other details is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change