Responsible for all aspects of Chamber/Bureau programs, events and activities related to the organization’s membership. Direct the daily activities of the Member Services Department. This includes planning, coordinating, producing, and administering member events, benefit programs, new member sales, existing member retention, communications to members, publicity, monthly billing, the annual budget, and all other Member Services-related activities. Maintain professional business relationships with Chamber/Bureau members and individuals/organizations affiliated with the Chamber/Bureau, its mission, and day-to-day activities. Oversee the activities of the Visitor Services Department and Manager.
- Develop, implement and administer new and existing membership programs/benefits. This includes researching possible new programs, as well as ongoing follow-up.
- Produce, review, and distribute communications to the members, including the Annual Report, weekly newsletters, event notifications, legislative update newsletters, and other communications as needed. This includes producing much of the content, as well as proofreading all communications to members, regardless of who created it.
- Oversee the planning, publicity, and production of 30+ member events annually, ranging in size from 5-500 people. As a part of this, secure the venue and plan/execute the publicity/advertising for each event. In addition, for larger events ensure the process of collecting event registration payments is handled in accordance with Chamber/Bureau financial guidelines.
- Develop and administer the Member Services annual budget and plan, including the submission of invoices and expense reports on a timely basis.
- Assist the Visitor Services Manager with developing and administering the Visitor Services budget.
- Manage and direct the new member sales process, including the distribution of leads, identifying potential new members, and all new member orientation meetings.
- Manage and direct member retention activities, including communications with members regarding overdue membership dues, and associated collections activities.
- Plan and administer the “Keep It PC” Buy Local program.
- Supervise the activities and responsibilities of the Member Services Manager and Visitor Services Manager.
- Oversee the data collection and regular updates to the Chamber/Bureau’s Economic Profile on the website.
- Public speaking at a variety of events, including Chamber/Bureau events, Executive Committee meetings, Chamber/Bureau Board of Director meetings, to the media, and other groups/organizations in the community.
- Provide content for the Members section of the Chamber/Bureau website to ensure the members and associated programs/benefits are properly represented there.
- Represent the Chamber/Bureau with industry organizations, including the Utah State Chamber, Western Association of Chamber Executives, the U. S. Chamber of Commerce, and other similar groups.
- Continuously work in, and stay familiar with the Simpleview CRM to ensure members’ information is correct, and they are properly displayed in the system.
- Plan and produce monthly reports for the Executive Committee and Board of Directors regarding new member sales, member retention, event information, budget variances, and other information as requested.
- Communicate regularly with other department leaders to ensure a high level of awareness of member-related activities and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Park City and Summit County business community.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, online software applications & database programs.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to create collateral materials to support new membership sales and existing membership retention activities.
- Previous supervisory and managerial experience required.
- Must possess strong organizational, public speaking, and written communications skills.
- Strong sales skills and excellent business etiquette and presentation required.
- Ability to be flexible with constantly changing projects and must be able to meet project and production deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Flexible schedule, with the availability to attend early morning and evening meetings and/or events.
- Basic understanding of finances and budgeting skills.
This job description provides only general information about the position. The list of responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other details is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change.