The Marketing Director will be responsible for successfully delivering rapid organizational growth through marketing and outreach programs through print, media and web. This position is a key member of the National Ability Center’s Senior Leadership Team, in charge of Brand Awareness, Program Marketing, Social Outreach and External Communication that accomplishes revenue generating activities. This position also advises on internal communication and messaging. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to establish, implement, supervise marketing systems and objectives.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
· Lead, mentor, and develop the internal marketing team members.
· Foster and manage relationships with external marketing partners covering areas including public relations, marketing contractors, volunteers, and interns.
· Create and implement best practice models and systems for marketing to drive business outcomes.
· Working within the senior leadership team, identify and evaluate the feasibility of various ideas for the new products and services and support business plan development to ensure their successful implementation.
· Responsible for the planning, development and execution of the NAC marketing and advertising initiatives, including internal and external communication strategies.
· Oversee the design and placement of local and national print, video, web and radio advertising.
· Ensure accurate, consistent messaging in the organization’s marketing initiatives locally, nationally and internationally.
· Implement market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations to achieve mission, strategy and revenue goals.
· Create a standardized outreach for current and future clients and donors and coordinate its implementation across sales channels, client management, and marketing and communications.
· Create strategic alliances with businesses, foundations, donors and organizations to achieve business goals.
· Act as internal consultant for pricing, solutions bundling, upselling, and other business development strategies.
· Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation, learning and resource development through in-kind and volunteer support.
· Manage monthly forecasting and operation within the Marketing Budget. Develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections.
· Advise organization and leadership team with internal message development.
· Be a persistent promoter of the National Ability Center programs, events and activities with a goal to recruit participants, partnerships and supporters to our mission.
· Participate and support the Executive Team in marketing related requests from the Board of Directors.
· Provide training and assistance as needed to staff and volunteers in the areas of communication tools, brand standards and marketing goals and objectives
· Provide leadership and management support to direct staff and create a nurturing, positive and personal development culture of continuous improvement.
Core Knowledge and Qualifications
· Clear knowledge and expertise in cross-channel marketing, trends in digital advertising, sales strategies, business development and corporate or individual fundraising.
· Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change.
· Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical, including leadership skills in financial analysis, modeling and business development.
· Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling the work being done.
· Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives; Excellent consulting skills as well as technical writing and public speaking proficiency.
· Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience. 5+ years in marketing and 3+ years leading teams.
· Valid Driver’s License; must verify own auto insurance.
· Must be able to travel locally (up to 20%) and nationally (5% to 15% of the time).
Medical, dental, long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and other benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook
Our Mission? To empower individuals of all abilities by building self-esteem, confidence and lifetime skills through sport, recreation and educational programs.